- 1 Wallet
- 2 Mining
- 2.1 All miners
- 2.2 Nevermore / ccminer
- 2.3 Sgminer / Avermore
- 2.4 General tips and tricks
Quick restore guide
Same steps as Does not sync just put back our backup wallet.dat instead.
Full restore guide
This guide assumes we are starting fresh on a new computer.
- Start by installing Raven-QT wallet follow General wallet guide if needed, skip encrypt and backup for now.
- Once we have Raven-qt running and fully synced, we quit raven-qt and wait for it to fully exit.
- Open our Data folder the default location is shown below this guide.
- Move the wallet.dat that is already inside our Data folder (Raven) folder to another location ie. desktop, and put our backup wallet.dat here instead. If we used a memorable name for our backup wallet.dat we need to rename it back to wallet.dat now.
- Launch Raven-qt and we should see our funds available.
Windows: %AppData%/Roaming/Raven Mac: ~/Library/Application\ Support/Raven Linux: ~/.raven
Note that " ~/ " is the home folder for linux and mac, not " / " root.
Does not sync
The first thing we try is to re download blockchain.
- Be sure to close raven-qt completely, wait for shutdown window to disappear.
- Open %AppData%/Roaming folder and move Raven folder to desktop.
- Launch raven-qt and wait for blockchain to sync completely, then shut down completely.
- Move wallet.dat from our old raven folder on our desktop into the freshly created Raven folder in %AppData%/Roaming/.
- Launch raven-qt, and all should be well.
Crash on start up
The first thing we try is to re download blockchain. follow same steps as Does not sync
There is a guide on the Community forum.
Try deleting the downloaded blockchain, and resync.
Extra amount of rvn went missing when I transferred coins out of the wallet
Try from withing the wallet: Help / Debug Window / Console: and write
This will list all your addresses and their balance. Check for the "missing" amount.
This appear to be a display issue that happens rarely.
Change data location
Or we can start with, once to have it ask again like the firstrun.
Transaction to large
When the wallet has too many small transactions to a single address, it can cause a issue. wallet groomer Ravencoin fork by Brianmct
Crash on startup.
Check if Antivirus/Windows defender has deleted your miner.exe file, check if the .exe file is still in your folder. Fix by setting an exception.
Crash/reboot after some time
Check the power limit for the cards, 65% - 85% is common. x16r algo spikes the power draw so we need headroom in available wattage. Remember that the TDP for a card is an average draw of the card and in short spikes the total draw can be much higher. This is why the GPU manufacturers recommends much higher watt PSU than the TDP listed wattage of the cards would otherwise suggest.
Naming you Rig on the pool
On yiimp type pools you can use the password field like:
,a comma is used to separate arguments, do not use special character or spaces in your rig name. Other pools usually set name by WALLET.rigname like:
When troubleshooting it is helpfull to have pause at the end of our bat file, so we can see the errors from console.
ccminer -a x16r -o stratum+tcp://miningpanda.site:3636 -u RBjAZ4fgoXfMC1ujzs7XKreMxJAL1r9fhT.titanV -p c=RVN,titanv -i 20 -N 600 pause
Suprnova gives error on launch
Check that you have created a worker on their webpage and supplied a password.' -u LOGIN.worker -p x ',also check their getting started on rvn.suprnova.cc start page.
Hash rate is changing/low
This is normal as the x16r algo is changing 16 times in each block, determined by the last 16 bytes of the last block. We need to look at a 2-3 hour averages at least to get a better average hash rate to compare, try adding ' -N 600 ' at the end of your bat file, it increases the average reporting time (default is 30).
A rejected share means 2 possibilities:
1. The submitted share was invalid (bad hash of good data). This is caused by a GPU error on your end.
2. The submitted share was stale (good hash of bad data). This is caused by latency or lost data over the network between you and the pool.
If you're tweaking your GPU a lot (customizing power/frequency/voltage/etc.) then try backing down a bit and see if you get less errors. You should also check to make sure connected to the closest pool possible (e.g., don't connect to a pool in Europe if you live in the USA).
Nevermore / ccminer
Crash on startup
Check .bat file that name miner at the start is the same as the miner in your folder. Nevermore uses 'ccminer' 2.2.5 might be 'ccminer-x64'.
Sgminer / Avermore
Crash on startup
Brianmct has a good Getting started wiki on github
Long startup time
First time sgminer starts it compiles a kernel for all the cards, it can take several minutes.
General tips and tricks
Join the community Discord